The Other Girl In The Mirror. #PagesOfMyDiary


I smile
She smiles
I frown
She frowns
I make funny faces
She does the same!
Then we laugh it out together

Everyday we meet at our spot. The mirror. Sometimes often, at times not that much. She's beautiful. Just like me. Dark chocolate. Brown eyes. Small cute lips. Soft light brown hair. Average height, with a notable physique. Just like me. We very much alike in everything. She's like my twin on the other side.

I wonder what her name is..mmh. Could it be Vanessa? Sabrina? Kim? Raychelle? Or Roxxy? I don't know. Wish she could tell me. Sometimes I stand there and we stare at each other. Various questions run through my mind. I have so much to ask her! I want to know everything about her. Everything.

Everyday we fix ourselves; put our hair up and some lipstick then we head out. Through out the day, she sticks in my head. She's in my purse, my make-up kit; she's even in any wash room I walk into! Oh wait, she's in the elevator too and I'll be like, "Didn't we meet just this morning?" Then she will be quick to show me tiny mistakes in my looks. That is when I keep on wishing that this damn elevator would move on a slower pace, so that I can quickly fix myself.

At the of the day, we still meet at that same place. If I had a good day, she seems like she had a good day too. If I had a bad day, she's frustrated too. But still I would love to know her how her day faired on. Like what was she upto, any  awkward moments, any embarrassing moments, did she meet any cute guys? Haha c'mon girl spill the gist! On my end I always have so much to tell her! You know like how you would be so excited to tell your best friend about some crazy experience? Yes I want to tell her too. But she vacantly stares at me like am some lunatic.

I can't remember the first time I met her, all I know is she's been there ever since. I can't escape her even if I wanted to. They say you are your worst critique. My worst critique is that other girl in the mirror. There are times we would disagree on certain things. Like how my hair is done, my face sometimes aint all that smooth or the clothes am wearing. There are those days I would leave the house dressed in a certain way; when I get back passing by the mirror, there she is. I look at her and she gives me the look like,

"You look awful."
I would react back.
"Why didn't you tell me before??!"

There are times I felt empty. I felt lonely. I felt lost. All along, she was always there. Shairing my pain and sorrows. I cried. She cried. I looked at her, it felt like she was communicating back. Like she was comforting me. She's always the best companion at times. It was like she could see beyond my eyes, like she also felt the same way. She always knows when am faking. Fake smiles and expressions. Sometimes she would say its okay, nobody needs to know what am feeling. But sometimes she will snap back, "Girl we both know you faking! Quit faking and face your troubles head on!" Harsh. Must she be heartless? Jeez.

There were times she mocked me. She made feel some type of discomfort. I felt uneasy in my own skin. And she didn't make the situation any better. In my head I would try to make myself feel better but she, that girl in the mirror made me feel otherwise. She's not the type to sugar coat anything. She revealed my scars, my blue side, my dark side and my flaws. I hated her. Because she taught me how to hate me.

That girl in the mirror..
She never leaves. She never changed. She has an impact in my life one way or the other. I can break that mirror in pieces and still she will reveal herself in broken parts. Why is she there? Who actually created her? Would I be better off without her? Please tell me.

My reflection...
In everything I do..all I see is you.

Mirror on the wall..
Here we are again..
Through my rise and fall..
You've been my only friend.

Comments