Just 21...

I cleared my undergraduate studies end of last year..I know you like "so soon?" trust me I also have that question mark in my head. But isn't it exciting? Obviously it is..its an achievement...and to many..double achievement..since am stil very young. Most of my agemates are on their third year and still enjoying that campus spirit.

But come to think of it..its also all confusing in a way..I mean I just joined this 'twenties club' and when I feel like am now getting that syke..the chapter has already been completed. What am I trying to say? According to how the tradition has always been, one clears high school at 18 years..luckily these days you don't have to waste a year home just idling around. So by the time one is almost 19, he/she has joined the university. Most systems have it that you should spend four years in university, so by the time you clear your studies you are probably 23 or almost 24. Strategically planned I tell you. Believe me if I tell you it will do you good.

Keep calm and let me explain to you why.  Some opportunities offered to us help us grow socially..step by step. I will use my case. When I joined campus I was all jazzed up..super excited and not just cause I was to be part of this crazy society called campus, but for the fact that in 2 and half years I will be done with those big exaggerated books. Well..thanks to the module 2 program I started in May 2012 and by December 2014 I was already done. Too soon... I was relieved but then I keep on asking myself what next. I know you will tell me the obvious..do an internship or something.  I certainly do
have those plans in my head.

You who is still in campus is better of than me who has been offered
to the world to deal with..pre-maturely. Don't get me wrong..I believe I have what it takes to deal with whatever the world will throw my way. Am saying pre-maturely..cause the platform I had to build myself socially through this "twenties club" has already ended for me. You might deny it but trust me..campus is the best place one could go through this stage..that is if you are wise enough on the kind of person you want to be.  Am not saying that you should now be the holiest of them all. Its all about self discipline.Dont be too hard on yourself..do your best to get those As..but also have fun.

For those who are in my shoes, I guess you know how it feels like for people to treat you like you are 25..yet you  just in the chapter of trying to get to know who you really are. But what choice do we have..you just have to deal with it!  Theres no room for you to act like you just turned 21..forever 21 isn't your space.

Comments