Quarantine "Bae"






Apparently, you people are out here getting quarantine partners and am the only one who didn't get the memo? So I know Aunty Rona has really put us off balance to what we are used to but I didn't know quarantine bae was actually a thing till the other day.

As usual I just be minding my own business when my girl, calls me to catch up. The last time I checked, she was very single focusing on herself, her career and you know self-love tings. She was loving the woman she was becoming, and I was here for it. So I ask her if anyone is warming up her bed, jokingly cause I knew she is very single. She giggles and is like "Well I met someone" Here we go again.

Before I could say anything she is like but this time it is different. So I ask her for the gist. She met this guy like two months ago and since the chemistry was just great they decided to come into an "agreement" Terms of the agreement is more like an "isolation pact". The world could come to an end and she felt like she didn't want to die alone. As long as aunty Rona is still around, they will be there for each other mentally, emotionally, and physically. They moved in together and I was like, already?? But what if aunty doesn't leave anytime soon? What happens? She was like we will know then.

Social distancing has made people be horny asf especially with all the idleness. Most people are working from home and they have no idea what to do with themselves. I've received a few offers myself I just didn't think it was that serious. I am not judging, cause I know these are really hard times and everyone is feeling it. The best pick up line I've heard lately is 'You don't have to be alone, you can come we quarantine together' Lol. Quarantine and chill huh? Almost all entertainment joints are shut down hasn't made it that easy. With restaurants only doing take-outs, dates are becoming kinda hard. Oh wait, just the other day I was on a virtual date. Haha yes, a virtual date and it was interesting to be honest but you know, a physical one would be more intimate.

I came across a video on Instagram by Matthew Hussey. He is a famous dating couch. He was talking about how this whole Corona thing has brought about too many emotions. One of his followers asked if she can get permission to hit up her ex-boyfriend cause she couldn't just handle it. I liked how he explained the whole thing like how it was during the war times. It is all about survival. And you as a human being when you are ticked into survival mode, you would do anything to be in the right space especially mentally. There is a high degree of loneliness right now and everyone is out here just trying to cope.

This whole thing has many people thinking about how not to be alone. Many of us are tempted to rekindle old flames and it might work out well in the long term but what happens if it doesn't? One party is bound to get crushed. On the positive side, I feel like being together with someone at this time could also create a stronger bond between you two. I mean you two survived a pandemic together! Why would you break it off? If it was me, we last more than six months isolated together, my fren we are typically married! Last time I checked, the government said they recognize come-we-stay for six months as marriage. Lol!

Can we also talk about how hard its been for us single people to get potentials?? Eh we are suffering! The fact that dates can't really happen, it's all about Netflix and chill. We all know what that means. The talking stage be lasting longer than expected. At this point we will just declare ourselves as pen pals. You also have to be careful who you vibing with cause do you really like them or you just bored? People you wouldn't find interesting suddenly look attractive. We have no idea what to do with our love lives during a global pandemic. No one prepared us for this.

Especially with modern dating, there are so many channels that offer options but still, nothing. I have seen flings that should have remained casual turn to relationships and relationships that should have ended a long time ago become just nothing. You know, are we really with people cause we want to or are we together cause we don't want to be alone? If all this was to end right now, would you still be with that person, like would you still see them as you see them now?

So if you decide to get a quarantine bae right now, make it clear about the terms and conditions. Come up with an "isolation pact" and be real with each other. Also make peace with the fact that when all this comes to an end, you two might decide to go separate ways. As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord! (But you can send in your resumes to be my quarantine bae 😉)

NB; Don't forget to
WASH YOUR HANDS!!!
SANITIZEEE!!!!
STAY HOME!!!

God bless
xx

Courtesy: Love is confusing  and Matthew Hussey

Comments

Post a Comment