Behind The Mask: Zombies Everywhere!


Ever watched a movie where people gather for a night of a party filled with all kinds of people masquerading themselves in different masks? That kind that you could be talking to a stranger and even have no idea how they look like? In most cases you will find such scenes in movies are used by spies who are stalking or if you like in soaps where two lovers who had drifted apart had no idea they are in the same party.

When you are in a room filled with strangers or even just a bus. You should at one time try to study the person next to you. People are zombies out here. Strangers are zombies. In the sense that the person next to you was so dead and gone along time ago. They are existing but they are not living.

Some time back I met a guy online. Yes online. Through Facebook. He was really cute. I kinda crushed on him and it was all tingling when he reached out first. We would chat endlessly. We always had so much to talk about.  He was utopian in lack of another description. So after a while we decided to meet. I wasn't disappointed. He was still that hunk I met on social media. We got to be good friends.

As we got to know each other. I came to realise that this ever happy fella was going through so much. He never told me but I could tell. He was suffering. Emotionally and mentally. Being the good person I am, I made him talk about it. The poor guy was under stress. He was depressed about his sickly mother and just how things were not working out for the better. It was really sad.

I mean here I am, thinking my life sucks but someone else is facing life through the highway. He was always a happy man you know. So how?  He always crucked up jokes..and was just funny. When I was down he always made me laugh. He always cheered me up. I felt like life was a lie. Why would someone with such a lively spirit be in so much pain and trouble. That's when I came to realise that the ones who laugh and smile the most, are experiencing more pain and problems.

You could be busy complaining all day about how everything is not working out for you but sadly you even surrounded by zombies who seem to be normal. That clown of the group or class could be going through so much but you would never know. He could be the one when the world shuts down at night, he unveils his mask to let out his frustrations.

You would be shocked by what people keep to themselves yet you there wondering why is it just you not enjoying life the easy way. Behind that mask. Under the mask. Lies so much untold stories.

They are so willing to wear that mask every morning to avoid the drama that could come with the exposure. No one likes to be judged. No one likes to feel vulnerable. If you were to sit in a restaurant with a stranger just to hear about their life, you would thank God your life is kinda normal.

Each day of your life you come across a stranger..a zombie allow me to say that you have no idea where they come from. You have no idea where he or she slept. Maybe the guest room..or couch? Cause his wife can't stand him. Probably hungry in a house with no power cause she can't pay her bills. And here you are spreading negative energy around people who have the strength to wake up every morning with a positive outlook of life despite the hardships or problems; just because your life is ultimately miserable. Please.

They say if you want to know what have been through,  then walk in my in my path. But since you don't know me..or her..or him, when I mistakenly step on your shoe, accept my apologies and let life be. Don't rub your bad day all over me. You have no idea. Probably I just had a bad day too.

Just like a clown. He wears a happy face to make you laugh. He's not allowed to be sad. No. But who knows what is happening behind that mask? You might be wishing to live like so and so. You know that life..if only you could switch places. But you have no idea what so and so is going through. You never know what happens behind closed doors. Or the demons someone is fighting with in built walls.  Every stranger out there is going through something. The least you could do is be kind or even just offer a smile.

Spread some positive energy even when your world is crumbling to the ground. After all..we all just "zombies" trying to get back to life.

Spread happiness. It will make you feel better. Life is a masquerade, everywhere you look are people hiding behind masks.

#GodBless

(Photo courtesy:sultan-garanbish.deviantart.com/art/behind-the-mask-210477044)

Comments